BEFORE PHASE ONE:
- Please read Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins and watch The End of Poverty? as preparation for the workshop.
- Confessions is available in most bookstores, and also at Amazon.
- The End of Poverty? can viewed on Netflix, and here.
- The book and the film are inquiries into the systemic causes of chronic issues, and this type of inquiry is a first step in the work that we do at United Global Shift.
- If you'd like to do extra preparation, please see our recommended reading and watching lists.
The workshop fee is to cover costs associated with travel for workshop leaders, materials, and the workshop venue.
- After your application was approved, we send you a Paypal invoice.
- Payment is due one week in advance of your workshop.
- Questions? Feel free to contact us.
the day of your workshop
What to bring:
- Notebook and pens, or whatever method you prefer for taking notes.
- A copy of your answers to the application questions.
Our workshops are carefully planned to follow a logical progression, so please arrive on time and plan to stay for the duration.
united global shift interphase work:
interphase coaching guidelines
YOUR ROLE IN THE SUPPORT TEAMS: Your job is to empower other people in your inter-phase team as LEADERS.
TIME FRAME: Connect once a week via phone, video chat, or in person. First date should be within 10 days of the workshop.
HOW TO STRUCTURE YOUR MEETINGS/CALLS:
- Each person in turn will share about the last week.
- Spend 5-10 minutes on each person. BE RIGOROUS about this. When the sessions get too long, it becomes progressively difficult for people to maintain their commitment to them.
WHEN YOU ARE SHARING, FOCUS ON:
- When did I practice United Global Shift Access Points (Creation Source, Unmessability, Stand, Moving Fear to Courage, etc.)?
- When did I consciously apply United Global Shift Design Distinctions (Visible Measurable Results, Seeing Systems and Patterns, Conscious Reciprocity, Leadership Development, etc.)?
- When did I see/speak/design in a Conscious Full Spectrum way? What made it Conscious Full Spectrum?
- Who did I enroll?
- What are my next steps?
- Your sharing can be from anywhere in your life (project, family, friends, workplace).
WHEN YOU ARE ACTING AS COACH/LISTENER, FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:
- GUIDELINE 1. These sessions are SUPPORTIVE vs. FOR GIVING ADVICE.
- Practice speaking responsibly.
- You may NOT give advice. (EXAMPLE: “I think you should do/should have done this…” or "I have a suggestion for you.")
- Instead, acknowledge what the speaker has just shared in terms of your own growth. (EXAMPLE: “In your sharing, I learned this for myself…”)
- GUIDELINE 2. Do NOT use these sessions for networking.
- You may not connect each other to resources/people.
- Stay focused on supporting each other as leaders.
- If a networking idea emerges, please write it down and then table it for a separate communication.
- GUIDELINE 3. LISTEN for LEADERSHIP.
- Practice Quantum Listening.
- Grow your own leadership through practicing your listening: listen for the gold, listen for growth.
- Identify how your listening muscle is developing.
BE RIGOROUS IN FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES.
THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PRACTICE MANIFESTING INTEGRITY IN YOUR PROJECT.
When you come back for Phase Two, you will report on your Inter-Phase Work.
conscious full spectrum response handouts:
Revisit these handouts:
- As you move forward is designing and implementing your project.
- As you accomplish the goals in your action plan.
- When you are feeling stuck.